RUSKIN SLO-PITCH ASSOCIATION
HOUSE RULES - TEAM COMPOSITION
- ENTRY FEE PAYMENT/ROSTER DEADLINE
Final payment APRIL 05/21 -
ANY TEAM NOT PAID WILL BE REPLACED. ROSTERS MUST BE HANDED IN BY THE END OF THE OPENING TOURNAMENT TO YOUR DIVISIONAL DIRECTOR OR YOU WILL NOT PLAY UNTIL IT IS.
- TEAM ROSTERS
- Teams are to field ten players of which three must be female.
- A ten-minute grace time will be given.
- Teams may start with nine players (minimum two females).
- The missing player’s spot in the lineup is an automatic out.
- Failure to field a team (7 and 2 minimum) will result in a forfeit.
- ADDITIONAL PLAYERS
- One Additional Player (AP) may be used, however, if a team cannot field 10 players, they may not use the AP.
- Note: If an AP is used it must be for the whole game i.e. start with 11, finish with 11.
- SUBSTITUTE PLAYERS
- Substitute players must be registered on your roster.
- The players cannot have been on any other team's roster in the Ruskin Slo-Pitch Association for the 2021 season.
- If the above format is not followed, the team will forfeit all points acquired while using those player/players. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- CALL-UP RULE
- If a manager has advance notice that their team will be short the minimum number of required players for a game, the manager has the option of calling a player up from a lower division to act as a substitute player for that game.
- Players can only be called up from a lower division (exception of “C” Division in which they can pick up from only their Division); no player can participate as a substitute player in the current division in which they are registered.
- There are no restrictions on positions that the substitute player may play. Teams can only call up if they have 9 or less players.
- Teams can only call up to field a max of 10 players with no AP (DH).
- TIME LIMITS
- Sunday games will now have an hour and twenty-minute time limit.
- There will be no new innings after an hour and twenty.
- That inning will be considered an open inning.
- This is also for the 6:45 games at Telosky “A” on Mondays and Thursdays.
- ROSTER CHANGES
- A team may replace up to three players before July 1, 2020.
- The players cannot have been on any other team's roster in the Ruskin Slo-Pitch Association for the 2020 season.
- To register a player the SPN registration form provided must be filled out and signed by the new player and submitted to an executive member before the new player is eligible to play.
- If the above format is not followed, the team will forfeit all points acquired while using that player. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- ALL PLAYERS ON SPN ROSTER
- Coaches must insure that all players playing on the field must be on their teams SPN roster.
- If they are not on their teams roster they shall not play. No exceptions!!!
- INFORMED CONSENT
- Coaches must also inform their players that they must be aware of what they are signing (SPN Roster).
- This is a release of liability, assumption of risk agreement and team membership/roster application!!!!
- Please read it and understand what you are signing! If they do not sign the roster they do not play!!!!
GAME RULES & CANCELLATIONS
- GAME RULES
- DOUBLE RULE: If the ball rolls into the uncut grass at Ruskin A it is a double, even if touched by a player.
- TIE GAMES: In the event of a tie game, there will be a maximum of two extra innings of play, International Rule will apply. If the game is still tied, each team will receive one point. Extra innings are open.
- HOME RUN RULE
- The homerun rule is as follows. 5 Homeruns per team per game.
- At no time during the game will the number of over the fence homeruns hit by one team be in excess of the number allowed.
- If over the fence homeruns are in excess of the number allowed the batter will be called out.
- There will be no throwing out a female batter at first base from the outfield.
- SUBSTITUTE RUNNERS: Teams can use unlimited substitute runners but same runner cannot run more than once (only for guys).
- OTHER RULES: All other rules of play will be governed by Slo-Pitch National 2020 Rules.
- FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THIS LEAGUE
- Automatic five game suspension for first offence. (Depending on the severity).
- If there is a second offence, that individual will not be allowed to play in the league until an executive decision is made.
- For both offences the team shall also be fined depending on the severity.
Any infractions or disputes should be properly recorded and reported to your respective DIVISIONAL DIRECTORS.
- CANCELLATIONS AND RESCHEDULING
- Weekday games (Monday - Thursday) cannot be re-scheduled.
- Only umpires call a game due to weather conditions therefore, both teams must show up at the field or risk a forfeit if the game is playable.
- Weekend games (Friday - Sunday) can be re-scheduled only with 72 hours notice given to the opposing team, president and umpire-in-chief. So the umpire and field can be cancelled for that game.
- If the canceling team does not follow this procedure and less than 72 hours notice is given. The cancelling team shall forfeit the game and be fined $25.
- The canceling team is responsible for rescheduling games with the umpire-in-chief within 72 hrs of cancellation if not they shall forfeit the game.
- Canceling teams shall then call the opposing team with the new time that is given by the umpire-in-chief.
- If there is a problem with rescheduling the game call your umpire-in-chief.
- The umpire-in-chief will then give the cancelling team a set time and place to play. Any team that does not show up for rescheduled games will be considered a forfeit.
- Each team may re-schedule only four (4) games during the season.
- FORFEITURES AND FINES
- Forfeit fines will start at $25 for the first game and double for every other game forfeited. Example second game will be $50, Third game $100 and fourth game $200.
- After the fourth game league will consider if team will be allowed back the following year.
STANDINGS & LOGGING SCORES
- The standings at the end of league play will be decided by total points.
- In the event of a tie, first, the record between the two teams will be considered, if still tied, a play-off game will be in order.
- No points given for unplayed games.
- LOGGING SCORES: All games must be played and scores logged in by July 31/21. NO EXCEPTIONS.
There will be no scores accepted at the final meeting.
- Please report stats to the website by Sunday of each week. Teams will register all wins and loses.
- TOURNAMENTS: League tournament games will be one hour and twenty minutes. No inning shall start after one hour and fifteen minutes.
- BEER GARDENS: The teams responsible for the beer gardens must keep the park clean throughout the tournament.
- The league will no longer share in the profits of the beer gardens.
- Cost of fields, insurance, cups, license, field maintenance and umpires will be the sole responsibility of the team running the beer garden.
- IF AN UMPIRE DOES NOT SHOW UP FOR YOUR GAME
If an umpire does not show up for your game the teams must find and agree on another person to umpire the game.
- This game will NOT be rescheduled.
- If this happens, contact your divisional director and give the game number to them so the scheduled umpire can be penalized.
- The alternate umpire will NOT be paid unless he/she is a currently carded SPN umpire.
- Copies of umpires schedules will be given to all divisional directors, call any director to report a missing umpire.
- The divisional director will then report it to the president to in-force the fine
- UMPIRE COMPLAINTS
- Umpire complaints must be in writing and handed in to the Umpire-In-Chief within 48 hours of complaint.
- Abuse of umpires will not be tolerated!!!!! Teams will be fined depending on the severity.
PARK MAINTENANCE & MUNICIPAL RULES
- ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED BY LAW AT ALL PUBLIC PARKS
- The beer garden at telosky is the only licensed area at a public park.
- There will be repercussions for problem teams/players.
- Please clean up the field and bench area before leaving the park.
- At telosky, make sure the lights have been turned off and the bathrooms are locked before leaving.
- The home team supplies the bases and the away team rakes the field after the game.
- Do not park in the strip mall across from Telosky at any time.
- All beverages will be in plastic cups at all fields.
RULES OF ENTRY
- The majority of the team holds the position in the league, not the sponsor. The majority of the team would be 60 per cent of the team.
- If a team folds it does not hold the spot in the league to re-enter at a later date. A team will not be considered folded if the majority of the team wants to hold their spot in the league. This must be proven to Ruskin executive by providing the names of the players and contact info that are willing to hold the spot to the executive for further investigation.
- All new teams start in ‘C’ Division According to league standings at year end in each division:
- Top two teams move up one division
- Bottom two teams move down one division
- No exceptions.
- In the event of a team(s) dropping out of the league, the third place team and so on must move up to fill the opening(s).
RUSKIN UMPIRE GUIDELINES
- No drinking or recreational drugs while umpiring
- Any and all infractions or disputes to be reported in writing to the Umpire In Chief.
- If the umpire cannot attend a game, he/she is responsibe for finding a replacement.
- Failure to do so will result in a $10.00 fine deducted from pay.
- ALL UMPIRES ARE PROTECTED BY SPN AND THE LEAGUE ON AND OFF THE FIELD.
- This applied for the duration of the season. The Ruskin Slo-Pitch Association Executive will not tolerate any abusiveness toward umpires. The Executive will pursue any legal advice and/or action it deems necessary.
- In case of an injury at a game the umpire must fill out an incident report and submit a copy to SPN within 30 days of the incident. Coaches must follow through with this. If not the injured person may not be covered.